ارسال پاسخ 

رتبه موضوع:
  • 0 رای - 0 میانگین
gave it right back in the
10-12-2018, 09:24 AM
ارسال: #1
Tongue  gave it right back in the
BALTIMORE -- Dustin McGowan has endured injuries and operations, long stints on the disabled list and countless rehab assignments to keep his baseball career afloat. It all paid off Friday night, when the Toronto right-hander earned his first victory since 2008 with an effective and emotional effort at Baltimore. McGowan allowed five hits over 6 1-3 innings, and the Blue Jays used two unearned runs to beat Chris Tillman and the Orioles 2-0. Making his second start since September 2011, McGowan (1-1) walked one, hit two batters and struck out two. He had faced the Orioles 13 times previously -- going 0-3 with a 6.99 ERA and allowing 50 hits in 37 1-3 innings. McGowan spent time on the disabled list in each of the last six seasons. He had shoulder surgery in 2008 and 2010 and missed the entire 2012 season. In his debut this year, he didnt make it out of the third inning in a loss to the New York Yankees. Against Baltimore, however, McGowan allowed only one runner past second base. "Its kind of a sentimental night, you know, one of those deals," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. "Hes come a long way and he answered the bell. He had a rough one, his first one, and he bounced back tonight against a good-hitting ballclub. Yeah, its very rewarding for not only him but for everybody that knows him." The 32-year-old McGowan couldnt have been much happier. "I think the most important thing is just feeling good," he said. "I got the opportunity to pitch again and thats all I could ask for. Just trying to make the best of it." After McGowan left, Brett Cecil got five straight outs and Sergio Santos worked a perfect ninth for his fourth save. It all added up to McGowans first win since June 22, 2008. "Hes always been one of the top guys here since he got drafted by the Blue Jays," Gibbons said. "The organization has expected big things out of him. Hes had some tough luck along the way. Who knows how the season will finish out? But hes off to a good start, thats for sure." Tillman (1-1) allowed three hits over eight innings, lowering his ERA to 0.84. But the right-hander received no offensive support from his teammates, who were coming off a three-game series against the Yankees in which they collected 40 hits. Two throwing errors by third baseman Jonathan Schoop provided Toronto with a 2-0 lead in the fourth. Jose Bautista reached on Schoops first errant toss and came around to score on the rookies second misfire. Dioner Navarro followed with a potential double-play grounder, but the relay to first base from shortstop Ryan Flaherty skipped past Tillman, allowing another run to score. "Its baseball. It could have happened early on in the game when I was missing (pitches) and we wouldnt even be talking about it," Tillman said. Schoop made no excuses. "I just like threw it away," he said. "I wish I played better defence for Tillman. He pitched a great game. Ill learn from it, be better tomorrow." In the fifth, Baltimore hit three straight two-out singles to load the bases for cleanup hitter Adam Jones, who flied out to centre. "A lot of guys hit balls right at guys. Its just how it is with this game," Jones said. "There will be days when we bloop them and they all find a home, but tonight, nothing. Crickets out there." McGowan had a lot to do with it. "You tip your cap," Jones said. "They pitched a good game." NOTES: Baltimore SS J.J. Hardy missed a fifth consecutive game with back spasms but expects to return Saturday. He received a cortisone shot Thursday and practiced Friday. ... Right-hander Bud Norris returns from a six-day layoff to start for Baltimore on Saturday against Toronto RHP Drew Hutchison. ... Ravens CB Lardarius Webb threw out the ceremonial first pitch. ... Toronto SS Jose Reyes (hamstring) participated in running drills prior to the game. Hes expected to run the bases Saturday and then could "head out in the next few days" for a rehab assignment, according to Gibbons. ... Bautista has reached base in all 11 games (13 walks, seven hits). ... Orioles 3B Manny Machado (knee) will get two at-bats in a simulated game Saturday but will not run the bases. ... Toronto leadoff hitter Melky Cabrera singled in the eighth to extend his hitting streak to 11 games. ... Orioles LHP Brian Matusz was absent with an illness and did not show up at the ballpark. Chad Bettis Jersey . Instead, Nonis and Kessel were sorting through the fallout of a wild melee with the Buffalo Sabres, one that saw Kessel suspended for the duration of the pre-season. Greg Holland Jersey . - The Detroit Lions have 13 takeaways this season — three less than all of last season — and the defence isnt the only unit pleased with the performance. http://www.rockiesgearproshop.com/Rockie...s-Jersey/. Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Doug Martin broke the news that hes cleared for full activity moving forward. Colorado Rockies Jerseys . Tortorella told The Vancouver Province hell be cheering for Team Sweden to win gold when they take on the defending Olympic champions on Sunday morning. "I hope Sweden wins, cause I dont think Hammer (Dan Hamhuis) is going to play, judging by whats happened. Gerardo Parra Jersey . -- The Orlando Magic finally are showing the patience in critical moments that coach Jacque Vaughn has been waiting for all season.LOS ANGELES -- A.J. Burnett made a couple of mistakes with his pitches and gave up the lead in the seventh inning. That was nothing compared to the huge error Carl Crawford committed for the Dodgers in the 10th. Domonic Brown doubled home the go-ahead run after Crawfords miscue in left field, and the Philadelphia Phillies beat Los Angeles 3-2 Tuesday night. One night after Philadelphias Cliff Lee held the defending NL West champions to four hits through eight scoreless innings, Burnett took a four-hitter and a 2-1 lead into the seventh. But birthday boy Dee Gordon legged out a double to short right-centre with one out, stole third and scored when pinch-hitter Justin Turner singled to left on Burnetts 105th and final pitch. "I gave Gordon a little bit too much of the plate on that pitch and he put a good swing on it and hit it up the middle," Burnett said. "When he gets on base, he makes things happen. Hes an exciting player to watch, and I think him getting to third right there helped them was a big for them to tie it up." The right-hander allowed six hits, struck out four of his first eight batters and finished with five Ks in 6 2-3 innings. He also had a career-high three hits in three at-bats -- all singles against lefty Hyun-Jin Ryu, who allowed two runs and nine hits in six innings. "Im not here for my individual numbers. Im here to keep my team in it until skip takes me out," Burnett said. "If I win, thats fine. If I dont, thats fine. I just go about my job." Carlos Ruiz reached second base when his flyball to short left field glanced off Crawfords glove as shortstop Hanley Ramirez nearly collided with him. Brown followed with a drive to the fence in left-centre on a 1-1 pitch from J.P. Howell (1-2). "We both were coming hard and came up short," Crawford said. "Neither of us called for it. I didnt think it was clearly my ball. I was in no-doubles (mode), so thats a long run for me. But I still got to it. I just didnt catch it. It was one of those things where it didnt do our way that time." The error was the Dodgers 22nd in their first 21 games. &qquot;Its tough because were not hitting the way we want to right now, so defence is one of the things you have to do every day to help the pitchers out," said Crawford, who drove in the Dodgers first run with a sacrifice fly in the fifth.dddddddddddd "Things like that definitely make the errors more obvious, and you could see that it looks worse when it happens -- like tonight. Were not doing it right now in defence, so its something we definitely need to address." Antonio Bastardo (3-1) pitched a scoreless inning for the victory and Jonathan Papelbon got three outs for his sixth save, putting him within eight of 300. Burnett lined a single to right field leading off the third, and Yasiel Puig tried to throw the pitcher out without success. After Adrian Gonzalez took the throw, the 37-year-old pitcher stood on the bag and looked out at Puig with the palms of both hands facing downward as if to say: "Whoa, take it easy." "I knew he was going to do it," Burnett said. "I know how he plays the game. He plays the game hard and he looks for outs in the outfield when he can get them." Burnett didnt take it easy on Ryu, hitting another leadoff single in the fifth. He scored the games first run on a double by Marlon Byrd, and Ryan Howard followed with a sacrifice fly that drove in Ben Revere. Burnett got his third single of the game with two out in the sixth. Ramirez got some good news Tuesday, when Major League Baseball rescinded an error he was charged with April 13 on a grounder to shortstop by Arizonas Chris Owings and credited Owings with a hit. But Ramirez gave it right back in the Phillies second inning when he misplayed Browns grounder after a single by Howard. NOTES: Burnetts multihit game was his fifth in the majors -- all on the road. The other four came with the Marlins, most recently on Sept. 25, 2005, against Atlantas Jorge Sosa. ... Revere tied a career high with four hits, three of them against Ryu. ... Gonzalez was 0 for 3 with a walk, ending his 16-game hitting streak. ... Burnett was 0-4 with a 4.87 ERA in his previous four starts at Dodger Stadium. Wholesale Spain Jerseys Cheap Juventus Jersey Cheap Cristiano Ronaldo Jersey Wholesale AC Milan Jerseys Cheap Arsenal Jerseys Cheap A.S. Roma Jerseys Cheap Atletico Madrid Jerseys Cheap Chelsea Jerseys Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Cheap Borussia Dortmund Jerseys Cheap Inter Milan Jerseys Cheap Juventus Jerseys Cheap Leicester City Jerseys Cheap Liverpool Jerseys Cheap Manchester City Jerseys Cheap Manchester United Jerseys Cheap Paris Saint-Germain Jerseys Cheap Real Madrid Jerseys Cheap Sevilla Jerseys Cheap Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys ' ' '
یافتن تمامی ارسال‌های این کاربر
نقل قول این ارسال در پاسخ
ارسال پاسخ 

پرش در انجمن: